Friday, December 19, 2008

Frosty Fire Hydrant


Frosty Fire Hydrant - Painted December 19 2008 

12" x 16"  oil on wood panel
I painted this frosty scene today at the home of friends Ron & Colleen Wilson.
Ron Wilson and I flashed up our paint boxes, painting our respective works from their balcony. The sun lit up the frosty street, back lighting the trees and bushes, casting shadows across the snow etc. Even though the fire hydrant was hot red, I'm sure it was a frosty piece of work! 

SOLD through Mercurio Gallery

3 comments:

Linny D. Vine said...

Fantastic frosty Friday finery, Ken! Great light and, as always, fabulous brush work!

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Great light and shadow work here Ken and of course your signature brush work...outstanding!

Jeffrey

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I just discovered your blog through Jeffrey Boron. Very nice! I love your brushwork and color. I'll be back!